Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep Quiet

I suppose I am waiting for it
Nothing here but the silent buzz of empty
No one to disturb my wafting rings of existence
Time being what it has always been
Moving silently
Along an invisible line
Breaths taken and repeated
Steps taken and retreated
Move responsibly
Remain indifferent
Think wisely
Keep quiet
Tiptoe through the parking lot of my mind
Please don’t poke the sleeping bears
Dangerous should just one be disturbed
Distract me please I’m nearing a zenith
We all need to be distracted
We all want to be entertained
I find it all salacious
That we can never agree
While we drown in this cesspool of mediocrity
I’m sure they’re laughing somewhere
When the silence has been broken
How the violence comes calling
Think wisely
Keep quiet
Move on
Don’t wait for it
It won’t wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment